Saturday, December 13, 2008

Miracle Series - Bank fee's and God's Gift

I'm sure this blog is going to take me decades to write. Miracles large and small can affect a persons life in wonderful ways. Sometimes we recognize the miracle and we give glory to God. Sometimes we attribute it to shear luck, random chance, or winning the odds.

We had a miracle in our home today. My wife had setup herself a bank account some time back. It's purpose was to be her bank account once we got divorced. Once we worked though the marriage problems with God's guiding hand we kept it open as a splurge fund. You know going out on dates and getting extra things we don't really need. Well this account had recently caused us some hardship on top of our already stressed finances. There was a check that never cleared the account and my wife forgot about it. Later on it try to clear the account but bounced, at that same time my wife made 4 other tiny charges, (mcDonalds, starbucks) and on her debit card. The bank didn't refuse the charges but allowed them to clear and on top of that showed them as overdrafts. She never setup overdraft protection because it was her understanding that debit charges just would be refused.

This ended up costing us a extra $210. Money we didn't have.

This was going to be impossible for us to pay. Yes things are that tight right now. My wife talked to 4 different people and the bank manager over the phone. They wasn't going to retract the (IMO) dishonest fees. She finally met one of the other managers and they did take off $50. But they forced her to apply for their bank credit card. Then on top of that if we didn't pay it they was going to start charging $5 a day on top of this and send the collection angencies after us.

Well I started calling my parents and my brothers to start praying for us and I prayed for us. This was last week.

Now get this...Then yesterday my wife calls me at home and tells me that even though the car dealership she works is doing the lowest recorded sales since she worked there they still managed to push out Christmas bonus checks. They was going to be significantly smaller than last years checks. So anyone care to guess how much the check was for?


$200

Now tell me that isn't a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment