Sunday, January 25, 2009

GOD FIRE, Do you have it?

(This is a continuation of the previous post)
I was sitting in church and during the sermon this popped in my head. I had to poke the wife to give me a pen to write this down. It makes sense to me, I just hope it makes sense to you.


GOD FIRE, Do you have it?


GOD
First-preceding all others in time, order, or importance.
Intercession-Prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another; the act of interceding.
Requires-to demand as necessary or essential : have a compelling need for.
Effort-conscious exertion of power; hard work; a serious attempt.

We have to put God FIRST in our lives. We have to get past, go around, get over, put aside, ignore, rebuke, anything little or big that puts God in any other place that first. That means if we have bills that are stretching every penny to the limits we can't spend day and night worrying about this. If giving an offering conflicts with the funds on new stereo system then you best give your offering before putting down money on the stereo. You should keep your mind clear to were every moment you can praise God for what he has given you. If you can't do that right this second then you need to check yourself.

Next we have to be willing to go out and make an intercession with friends, family, and strangers. WITNESS to those people that need Christ. It's not something up to debate. Jesus told us to go unto all the world and spread his word. It was his commandment.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Marcos 16:15
Y les dijo: "Vayan por todo el mundo y prediquen el evangelio a toda criatura.


God requires us to make a purpose driven effort to spread the Word of Jesus. It is essential for the lost to hear it so they may be saved. We save them from Hell by spreading Jesus's perfect love. Let them know God doesn't want them to go to hell. Nor does He want them to be slaves to his will. There is freedom in Christ and it may be only by demonstration in you that they may find it.

And we must do this with serious effort. It's something we have to be willing to do at any moment of the day. Share when you are in line at McDonald's or sitting down eating lunch at work. You can be sharing God's word from under your welding helmet like my mother did. I found 2 doorways opened to me yesterday with coworkers You have to make an effort to do this all the time. If anything gets it the way you better fix why God isn't first.

Now ask yourself...

GOD FIRE, Do you have it?

2 comments:

  1. When I was a christian I was much impressed with revelation 3:15-16 -
    "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

    So, I guess I am cold, and thus less offensive to God than many ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stew,. I have read several of your posts. I get the feeling that you would like a real close relation with Christ . I know a lot of Christians that want the same thing , they come to church every week daring God to bless them, refusing to give God praise ,setting like a lump on a log. That is not going to get it. God is not going to force himself onto anyone . But just give him a chance and he will over flow you with blessings . I feel like this ,raise one hand and get a one hand blessing, two hands and get two hand blessing. Throw your head back, open your mouth give praise from the bottom of your heart with honest desire to serve Christ, and only God knows what Blessings he will give you . Every morning get up determined to live for Christ. It will come if you seek him you will find him he is not hiding

    ReplyDelete